How To Guide to a Budget-Friendly NYE Party
With less than a week left of 2022, it is time to start shifting gears to 2023! What better way to spend the last day of the year and start to the new year by throwing a party for you and your friends?!
Here is a list of essentials for throwing a budget-friendly New Years Eve party. Let's say farewell to 2022 and welcome in 2023 in style.
- Create your guest list, prepare your space for the number of attendees you want to host
- Host the party later in the evening
- Send an invite! (Facebook Events work great!)
- Ask guests to bring their favorite drink to cheers to the new year with
- Build a playlist and consider asking guests to submit their favorite party songs to add
- Keep your holiday décor up for a warm and festive feel
- Utilize the dollar store for more decorations
- Confetti, Streamers, and Balloons set the perfect NYE party scene
Food and Drinks:
- Provide some light appetizers for guests to snack on
- If you're not feeling appetizers, opt for making it into a dessert party! Have guest bring their favorite sweet treat to share
- Champagne, champagne, and more champagne!
- Have sparkling cider on hand, too
- Don't forget the ice! Click Here for a calculator and guide to determine how much ice to get.
- Create a fun party playlist
- Make a home made Photo Booth with props
- Play some games! (Cards Against Humanity for adults or Heads Up are sure to get the party going)
- Create a #hashtag for your party so your guests can use it in their social media posts like Instagram and tiktok
- Set your TV to the ball drop so everyone can watch and count down together
- Noise makers are a must!
- Sparklers are a fun way to get excited outside before the ball drops
- 2023 hats, glasses, headbands! (A little cheesy but you really can’t have a NYE party without them)
- Mini confetti poppers are worth the slight mess
- Countdown together! Shake your noise makers and pop open the champagne!
- Prepare for people to stay the night at your place if they are not in a state of mind to drive home. Rideshare services are also popular (but may be pricey on a holiday.)
If you're looking to host a more extravagant NYE celebration, or if you need a little more help, reach out to our Event Planning professionals at San Diego Life Events. We can help take the pressure off of you by planning, decorating, and cleaning up your party so you can just focus on having a great time. Contact us now for a quote and a San Diego Event Planner will be in touch.
Blog post by Rachel Weinshanker, exclusively for San Diego Life Events.
Some of the content from this blog post was created by former team member
D. H. and modified, edited by Rachel Weinshanker with permission.
© 2022 San Diego Life Events, San Diego Life Events and Party Planning